Q: Multiple accesslog overlays?

Hi!

I have a question preparing a transition of syncrepl to delta-syncrepl:
Our database already has an accesslog overlay (olcAccessLogOps: writes) and a corresponding database configured for monitoring purposes.
Now that delta syncreply also requires an accesslog overlay/database with somewhat different setting compared to the existing database, I wonder whether it's possible (and practically being used/proven to work) to have multiple accesslog overlays.

Thinking about it, I also wonder whether both needs for accesslog could be satisfied with one accesslog database, just using different LDAP filters. I guess the delta syncreply is using the acesslog database in a read-only manner (our monitoring also does), so it might actually work. Anybody went that way before?

Finally a question on the requirement to backup the acesslog database in addition to the corresponding database (18.2.1: "Note: since the database state is stored in both the changelog DB and the main DB on the provider, it is
important to backup/restore both the changelog DB and the main DB using slapcat/slapadd when restoring a
DB or copying it to another machine."): Is it actually a hard requirement needed for consistency, or will it just improve the performance (avoiding a full refresh)?
Also: Isn't it tricky to backup both databases consistently while the database is writable?

Regards,
Ulrich