RE: mdb index reporting available?

Hi Michael

 >> I am using CentOS6/CentOS7 and currently testing with CentOS7
default
 >> openldap 2.4.44, but switched their default db to mdb.
 >
 >AFAIK they don't use my back-port patch for ITS#7796.
 >
 >> I am using eg sendmail as a client. So I have no clue what the
search
 >> queries are.
 >
 >Look at your logs to see the LDAP filter strings (loglevel stats).

Was always seeing these with ber sync

 >> I can of course copy the indexes from an 'old' environment.
 >
 >What do you mean by "copy"? The indexing is configured with slapd.conf
 >(aka static config) or cn=config (back-config).

Over time I am adding indexes until there are no such messages (except
for
some incidental queries). And since I have slapd's for specific groups
I can easily determine the index settings by querying their oldDbIndex
and add those to the new setup

 >> But if I am going to allow some other task to query the ldap in the
 >> future, I will again not know if they are accessing keys that are
maybe
 >> not indexed or not properly indexed.
 >
 >Again: Simply look at the logs.

Yes will enable this stats