Antw: Re: OpenLDAP 2.5 plans and community engagement

Nachricht <2d8bb110-94a0-509d-9616-d31b62ca8726@stroeder.com>:
> On 8/12/19 8:03 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> I wonder: Doesn't CI provide "builds" as a by-product? What configuration
>> options are used for those builds? Couldn't that simpley produce an
> "OpenLDAP
>> nightly" (similar to Mozilla's Firefox)?
>
> Yes, it's possible.
>
> But the question is whether the OpenLDAP project wants to take the
> burden supporting the binary builds. The current answer is no.

I did not have a "package solution" in mind, but a scenario like this:
Some one is reporting problems with the current version.
It could be advisable to exchange the binary with a recently built one
(subject to experienced admins who run backups) to see if it makes a
difference.

As for Mozilla's nightlys: The Linux versions at least are just tar archives
that you can unpack and run from any directory. I didn't examine OpenLDAP
whether it can (easily) be run from any sub-directory tree, however...