Re: How to change BaseDN? (OpenLDAP/slapd)

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM Dominique Fuchs <d.fuchs91@icloud.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm actually stuck trying to set up an OpenLDAP implementation on my server running debian/slapd. Based on the hostname of the server (server.foo.bar) slapd automatically sets up the base config with dc=foo,dc=bar as BaseDN. This runs fine and I can connect successfully. However, I actually want the BaseDN for the LDAP structure to rely on the subdomain ldap.foo.bar (dc=ldap,dc=foo,dc=bar). How can I accomplish this?

It's not slapd defaulting to that base suffix, that comes from the
debian (and ubuntu) packaging.

If you just started and don't have "real" data in there yet, it's
probably easier to just reconfigure the package with "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure slapd" and answer the questions. This will start
fresh from the new basedn.