Re: Trouble with "Connection Refused" errors and timeouts on server with high Thread Backload

--On Monday, August 05, 2019 10:08 PM +0000 erich_2323 <erich_2323@protonmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply Quanah.

I am using MDB as by the database backend.

objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcMdbConfig
olcDatabase: {2}mdb

Ok. First, I would strongly advise updating to the latest OpenLDAP release (2.4.48). Second, what is the mdb_stat -eaf output for the master's database? Third, I would take advantage of the rtxnsize setting in newer OpenLDAP releases to ensure you're not fragmenting your database with these searches. Fourth, I would not use the patch as-is in that ITS, but backport what was actually committed to OpenLDAP master, as the patch in the ITS has some negative impacts on performance that the actual committed code addressed.

Additional things you may wish (a) ensure you have proper indexing for the filter you're using for the search (eq on entryCSN + whatever other components make up your search), (b) Your olcConnMaxPending of 100 only allows for 100 pending operations across all clients, it sounds like you may need to increase that (you say you have many read-only replicas, but don't provide a number).

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect