Re: OpenLDAP 2.5 plans and community engagement

On 7/31/19 7:51 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> schrieb am 30.07.2019
>> So stop spreading FUD about lmdb.
>
> Actually this just is the impression I got reading this list. I read
> a lot about running out of memory, having rebuild the databases as
> they grow out of bounds, having a database size three time the data
> size, lock-ups, and all the stuff.> I'm not spreading FUD. I'm just worried from what I read here.

You just have an "impression" and no real proofs.
You don't even point to postings in the mailing list archive.

So what you're writing is exactly that: FUD.

For example "having a database size three time the data size" says
nothing without knowing the indexing configuration.

And the "grow out of bounds" is just that people don't understand that
they have to properly set back-mdb's maxsize parameter and monitor the
count of used pages. Just like you choose a disk partion size and then
you monitor whether your file systems gets filled up.
(BTW: Howard implemented slapd-monitor support for slapd-mdb which was
released with 2.4.48, see ITS#7770).

Ulrich, even if I still assume good faith on your side and that you want
to push things to be improved your postings are quite disrespectful.
Such a behaviour does not help to improve free software projects.

Ciao, Michael.