Re: OpenLDAP 2.5 plans and community engagement

On 7/29/19 8:51 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> But if the license is the only problem, users still could use an older version
> ("last good") of BDB. To me I always had the impression that you want to push
> MDB, not because it's better, but because it's yours.

back-mdb is better. Especially since it's much simpler.
Did you ever try to fine-tune the three cache levels of back-hdb?

> Personally I think users should be able to decide which database they
> prefer.
First of all users are interested in getting work done no matter which
backend has to be used for that.

So developers should hunk out obsolete database backends if the time has
come to save their most valuable resource: Time.

Wasting time on maintaining obsolete stuff is just plain wrong.

Ciao, Michael.