Re: slapd crashing

Alex Hebra wrote:
> # gdb /usr/local/libexec/slapd
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "amd64-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols found)...
> (gdb) run -h ldaps://10.138.138.216 <http://10.138.138.216> ldap://127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> ldaps://127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> -u ldap -g ldap
> Starting program: /usr/local/libexec/slapd -h ldaps://10.138.138.216 <http://10.138.138.216> ldap://127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1> ldaps://127.0.0.1
> <http://127.0.0.1> -u ldap -g ldap
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...usage: /usr/local/libexec/slapd options

> Program exited with code 01.
> Current language:  auto; currently minimal
>
> Am I missing something?

Apparently. Re-read the slapd(8) manpage for proper option syntax.

Also, if you had actually done what I said - attach to an already running slapd - you
wouldn't have had this problem. Following instructions is a pretty fundamental skill.

If you want to start under gdb you're also going to need a debug flag, otherwise it
will just fork/exit out from under you.

--
  -- Howard Chu