Re: Database problems with OpenIndiana

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> writes:

> --On Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:46 PM +0200 Dieter Klünter
> <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am testing OpenLDAP-2.4.44 on OpenIndiana-Hipster. I have configured
>> two back-mdb databases.For some strange reason a data.mdb and a bdb
>> logfile is created.
>>
>> openldap openldap 45441024 Juli 17 16:45 data.mdb
>> openldap openldap    8192 Juli 17 16:57 lock.mdb
>>   root     root     10485760 Juli 17 16:57 log.0000000001
>
> A couple of things...
> The log file is created by root?  Sounds like some process (init
> script, etc) is running BDB's db_recover command?  It could also be
> helpful to see your configuration.  Are the backends static or
> dynamic?  Why are you using such an old release? ;)

It seems the log file is created by root. The init script contains some
db_recover lines.

cd ${VARDATADIR}
    /usr/bin/db_recover >/dev/null 2>&1
     exec ${SLAPD} 2>&1

You know that I prefer actual releases but the maintainer sticks to
mature packages :-)
I still miss some devel libs and tools to build my own package.
All backends are static built-in, there are no dynamic modules and
backends.

Thank you for your hint on db_recover.

-Dieter

--