Re: Replication persistence

--On Monday, July 08, 2019 2:46 PM +0000 Nebula WAN <Nebula.WAN@hotmail.fr> wrote:

Hello

I have a replication problem between two OpenLDAP 2.44 servers configured
as multimasters on CentOS 7.3 :

2.44 is not a valid OpenLDAP version. I assume you mean OpenLDAP 2.4.44? I would generally steer clear of the RedHat OpenLDAP build, it's rather old and defaults to using the deprecated back-hdb backend.

After a week or more, automatic replication no longer works: I have to
restart the slapd service to see the data exchange between the two
servers ...
I have contextCSN for both but they are fixed at the installation date.
Do you have an idea ?

It sounds like you have a device on the network interfering with replication.

olcSyncRepl: rid=004 provider=ldap://server1.test.factory
binddn="cn=ldapadm,dc=test,dc=factory" bindmethod=simple
credentials=password  searchbase="dc=test,dc=factory" type=refreshOnly
interval=00:00:00:10 retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=1

olcSyncRepl: rid=005 provider=ldap://server2.test.factory
binddn="cn=ldapadm,dc=test,dc=factory" bindmethod=simple
credentials=password searchbase="dc=test,dc=factory" type=refreshOnly
interval=00:00:00:10 retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=1

I would suggest you set an appropriate keepalive parameter in the syncrepl stanza. I often use keepalive=240:10:30 but it would depend on the settings of the network device if this is sufficient.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>