Re: How to configure OpenLDAP on Debian Stretch to support SSLv3.0

--On Tuesday, July 02, 2019 12:58 PM +1000 Jeremy Davis <jeremy@turnkeylinux.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm writing on behalf of a user ragrading how to go about configuring
LDAPS support for SSLv3.0 certificate under OpenLDAP v2.4.44 - running
on Debian 9/Stretch (default Debian 'slapd' package install).

Hi Jeremy,

I don't have a system in front of me to test this against, but in reading the slapd.conf(5) man page, it's fairly clear that:

a) GnuTLS ignores the TLSProtocolMin directive, so you can't use that and

b) That the way to do this with GnuTLS is via the TLSCipherSuite setting. The man page directs one to look at the gnutls-cli(1) man page, in particular, the --priority setting.

If we pull up this man page (<https://linux.die.net/man/1/gnutls-cli> for example), there are some examples provided there. Based on those examples, it looks like perhaps something along the lines of:

"NONE:+VERS-SSL3.0" would enable *just* SSL3.0. I'd guess you could set it to something like "NORMAL:+VERS-SSL3.0" or perhaps "EXPORT:+VERS-SSL3.0"

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation