Re: Hide pwdHistory field from anonymous

--On Friday, June 21, 2019 5:33 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 6/21/19 3:52 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Generally, if you want to restrict access to pwdHistory, you would do
something like:

access to attrs=pwdHistory by self write by *none

Making pwdHistory writeable by user him/herself is almost a security
issue. User would additionally need manage privilege to really remove
the attribute but still the above ACL is not good practice.

Sure, it's a theoretical example.  As I also noted already in my reply:

"The "self write" is likely unnecessary since it's an overlay that manages (slapo-ppolicy). I would note that if some other ACL takes precedence over this ACL (since you've failed to list all of them), it won't get applied."

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>