Re: Hide pwdHistory field from anonymous

On 6/21/19 2:50 AM, Kyle Sloan wrote:
> I am able to hide the userPassword and any other single/unique fields
> on a query, but I cannot figure out the pwdHistory and how to disable
> it from anonymous queries.  I keep getting syntax errors and am
> unsure what the syntax is.
Please post what you did and which error message you got.

In general ACL syntax is always the same for all attributes like defined
in the man-page slapd.access(5):

https://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapd.access

In Æ-DIR I'm using something similar to this:

# grant manage, search and delete access (no read!)
# to attribute pwdHistory only for password admins
access to
  attrs=pwdHistory
    by group="cn=password admins,dc=example,dc=com" =szm
    by * none

> This works for userPassword, but fails when I replace or add pwdHistory
>
> access to attrs=userPassword
>         by self write
>         by anonymous auth
>         by * none

As you can see it's not that different.

BTW: You can make your access rights write-only for password changes by
using "=w" instead of "write":

access to
  attrs=userPassword
    by self =w