Re: No olcBackend module loaded.

--On Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:28 PM -0300 Igor Sousa <igorvolt@gmail.com> wrote:

I think default openldap-servers configuration from yum install use hdb
database. How could I configure mdb database instead hdb database from
yum on CentOS 7? Is it possible?

If it isn't possible: How could I migrate hdb to mdb database?

You can use mdb or hdb or bdb with RedHat's OpenLDAP build. But again, I would advise using a current OpenLDAP build and not the build provided by RedHat. There are a variety of options available to you for this:

a) My company (Symas) provides a replacement package set here: <https://repo.symas.com/sofl/rhel7/>. This is currently OpenLDAP 2.4.47 + post-2.4.47 fixes.

b) The LTB project provides packages here: <https://ltb-project.org/documentation/openldap-rpm#yum_repository>. These are "stock" 2.4.47 (I.e., no post-release fixes).

c) Build OpenLDAP yourself

Once you have a current build that satisifies your requirements, you can configure OpenLDAP however you please, including the use of back-mdb vs back-hdb. How you decide to configure the OpenLDAP server is entirely up to you, nothing mandates you use the configuration provided by the distribution, and in fact it's often most likely that you do not want to use the default configuration at all. If you need help with how to set up and configure OpenLDAP, I would advise doing such things as:

a) Reading the OpenLDAP admin guide (<http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html>)

b) Examining how the test suite operates and the configurations it uses

c) You may also wish to read over my blog on MMR as it gives an example of a database configuration using back-mdb and goes over various concepts you might find useful. <https://mishikal.wordpress.com/2019/04/23/configuring-mmr-using-delta-syncrepl-in-openldap-updating-an-existing-standalone-configuration/>

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation