Re: How to correctly import schemas?

Jens Bürger <jbuerger@arcor.de> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> […]
>
>  not sure if I understood completely, what you wish to do (a one time clone and no continuous replication?),
>
> A continuous replication in terms of maybe a daily copy-over.
>
>  but as to schema, it should not be too difficult. On the UCS server all schema needed should be stored below
>  /usr/share/univention-ldap/schema (see /etc/openldap/slapd.conf and look for include commands if you cannot find the
>  schema files). If you convert all those files from slapd.conf format (xx.schema) to cn=config (xx.ldif) format, which you seem to
>  know how to do it,  and put them in the appropriate location of the target system (below /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=schema/)
>  renaming the files to cn={<running number>}xx.ldif and restart the server it should work. The cleaner way to do it, is instead of
>  copying the files yourself with the danger to make mistakes, to ldapadd the single ldif files, e.g.
>
> I now copied them. I had a look at this manual to convert the schemas:
> https://www.lisenet.com/2015/convert-openldap-schema-to-ldif/
>
> As the UCS has ~40 schemas, editing them (removing the {} and the trailing lines) all would consume too much time.
>
> I copied the schemas under the respective directory. OpenLDAP seems to run with the schemas now. But the problem I have is
> another one:
>
> When trying to add the exported ldif I get the following error:
> adding new entry „dc=my-domain,dc=tld"
> ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
> additional info: structuralObjectClass: no user modification allowed

Frankly, ist is a long time ago that i have been engaged in
Kolab3/Univention systems, but i believe that UCS still is based on
Kolab3.
At that time the openldap source code had been modified. In particular
schema.c, schema_init.c and schema_prep.c. This modification required a
new private core.schema file.

With regard to your your effort to modify config database, the
appropriate database naming context is cn=config,cn=schema

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://sys4.de