Re: How to correctly import schemas?

Hi Jens,

not sure if I understood completely, what you wish to do (a one time clone and no continuous replication?), but as to schema, it should not be too difficult. On the UCS server all schema needed should be stored below /usr/share/univention-ldap/schema (see /etc/openldap/slapd.conf and look for include commands if you cannot find the schema files). If you convert all those files from slapd.conf format (xx.schema) to cn=config (xx.ldif) format, which you seem to know how to do it,  and put them in the appropriate location of the target system (below /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=schema/) renaming the files to cn={<running number>}xx.ldif and restart the server it should work. The cleaner way to do it, is instead of copying the files yourself with the danger to make mistakes, to ldapadd the single ldif files, e.g.

ldapadd -x -D <binddn> -w <password> -f xx.ldif

(you can create a small shellscript for that)

Then the server creates those funny files below slapd.d/cn=schema by itself. and there would not be any need to restart the server.

There is no need to change core.ldif nor to ldapadd that, because it is already installed!

Hope this helped.

Cheers,

Peter