How to correctly import schemas?

Dear people of OpenLDAP,

I have a Univention Corporate Server (UCS) running at a local site, with a well-populated LDAP.

I have a VM on the Internet, providing some web services.

I’d like to just clone the LDAP data from the local UCS machine to the VM regularly.

While copying the database is a no-brainer (scp & ssh-key), I currently fail at importing the UCS-specific LDAP schemas into the LDAP of the VM. The schema conversion created a {0}core.ldif as starting point. Importing this into openldap failed because I have not the right to modification to core (of course).

Any hints?

Kind regards,

Jens