Re: Changing timeouts from a slapd module

On 5/21/19 4:12 PM, dee heffem wrote:
> I'm calling a 3rd party 2FA API from within a password module in
> OpenLDAP. The 2FA API call sends an SMS push to a mobile device.
>
> If the push does not return a result within 10 seconds, auth
> fails with what looks like a socket (tls_read) timeout[1]. What is going
> on there and can this timeout be increased if that's what this is?
>
> 60 seconds would be more user friendly but after some experimentation
> with ldap_set_option() I've not been able to affect the connection
> timeout -- if that's what it is.

Is your overlay processing a single bind operation?

AFAIK the slapd worker thread is blocked for the whole processing time
of a single bind operation. Thus I have some doubts that you want to
implement an auth mechanism with such asynchronous characteristics in an
overlay.

Ciao, Michael.