Re: accesslog database: overflow or data rotation?

--On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:21 AM +0200 Manuela Mandache <manuela.mandache.mm@gmail.com> wrote:

Or even an automatic both ways on-the-fly adjustment of olcDbMaxSize for
the accesslog DB, wouldn't this be better?

The point of the maxsize setting is to set it to a very large value you never anticipate hitting even under a large number of changes. I.e., I usually tend to set it to 80GB. I would note that since the accesslog db only stores deltas, and it routinely purges data, one generally should not hit any max size limitation if configured correctly. One exception would be perhaps if you were to add several million entries to the LDAP DB at once during a single day or something.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>