Re: Open LDAP - How to define an additionnal "uid" like attribute equivalent to a RDMS unique key index

--On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:20 AM +0000 pascal.foulon@orange.com wrote:

1) The context

My team is working on a corporate directory using Open LDAP 2.4.38,
managing about 200,000 employees.

That release is over 5 years old. I would suggest you immediately investigate upgrading to a current version.

2) My question

We'd like to harden the xuid management policy on our Open LDAP server by
adding an unicity constraint rule for the xuid attribute equivalent to a
RDMS unique key index.

See the slapo-unique man page:

<https://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-unique&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.4-Release&format=html>

Product Architect