Re: Strange slapadd behavior

--On Monday, April 15, 2019 10:47 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 4/15/19 7:53 PM, Ezsra McDonald wrote:
We were hoping to carry over all the operational attributes associated
with objects in the LDAP. If I remember correctly, ldapadd will not
apply operational attributes.

Provided you're using a bind-DN with manage privilege you can use Relax
Rules control [1] for also adding operational attributes via LDAP:

ldapadd -e relax

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeilenga-ldap-relax

I would note that while it looks like that would work in this case, it doesn't work for all operational attributes (for example, the ones added by the ppolicy overlay).

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>