Re: Strange slapadd behavior

We were hoping to carry over all the operational attributes associated with objects in the LDAP. If I remember correctly, ldapadd will not apply operational attributes.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:
--On Monday, April 15, 2019 9:17 AM -0500 Ezsra McDonald
<ezsra.mcdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am in the process of migrating my OpenLdap 2.3 system to a new OpenLdap
> 2.4 system but something is not working right for the import(slapadd) to
> the new system. There are 35,895 objects defined in the LDIF generated by
> slapcat.

I would suggest you start with ldapadd to import, rather than slapadd, as
you likely need the additional validation steps initially when doing the
migration from 2.3 to 2.4.

I'd also avoid using RH's native packages and use a current release.  The
LTB project and Symas both provide free alternatives to RH's builds.

<https://ltb-project.org/download#openldap>
<https://repo.symas.com/sofl/rhel7/>

Product Architect
Symas Corporation