Re: LMDB mdb_dbi_open mystery

On 2019/02/11 16:14, Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
No.  We could document that as a recommendation for opening existing DBs.

That just proves my point, I suppose: it usually suffices for documentation to be complete, whereas what is happening here is that OP overlooked something that would be obvious to an experienced user. I understood Howard's point, with some prodding. In other words, there is room in the documentation to be instructive as well as informative and I doubt that there would be any harm in that.

I certainly am walking away understanding more, after following this discussion, than I was hoping to. So, many thanks, everyone.

Lucio.