Re: Locking down ciphers in OpenLDAP with GnuTLS

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 04:50:58PM +0000, Philip Colmer wrote:
So, just to confirm, do I need to provide a colon-separated list of each
and every cipher suite or is there a GnuTLS shorthand that I can use?

See https://gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Priority-Strings.html for a list of keywords.

I think you are likely looking for something like (completely untested):

NORMAL:-VERS-ALL:+VERS-TLS1.2

For debugging priority strings and checking what they enable, you can use gnutls-cli:

gnutls-cli --priority NORMAL:-VERS-TLS-ALL:+VERS-TLS1.2 -l

For example I noticed this way that mine doesn't understand "VERS-TLS1.3" yet.

I'll mention as well since this came up in IRC recently - if you have Ubuntu 14.04 systems in your network still, be aware that its gnutls package has trouble with TLS1.2: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1444656

Hope this helps,
Ryan