Re: ldap client failing

--On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:19 PM -0500 sami's strat <sami.strat@gmail.com> wrote:

The last command fails.  Vital signs on all hosts are fine, network,
connectivity, ports, ntp, etc..

Where do I even begin troubleshooting the failure?

Logs. On the OpenLDAP slapd side, I would be sure to have "stats" level logging enabled. Then see what slapd logs when you run the getent command to see if a) there is a connection occuring from nslcd, b) if it can bind successfully to slapd c) if the search is executed successfully d) if the search contained results

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>