Re: Shared memory error after reboot

--On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:03 PM +0100 Marc Roos <M.Roos@f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:

I am getting this error after (re)booting, if I restart slapd it is
gone. I guess I can ignore this message because slapd will recover from
this eventually? Or do I need to give it a restart every time?

After reboot:

jan 16 14:57:19 mail04 slapd[3283]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.44 (Oct 30
2018 23:14:27)
$#012#011mockbuild@x86-01.bsys.centos.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap
-2.4.44/openldap-2.4.44/servers/slapd
Jan 16 14:57:19 mail04 slapd[3283]: syncrepl rid=504
searchbase="dc=backoffice,dc=local": no retry defined, using default
Jan 16 14:57:19 mail04 slapd[3285]: bdb(dc=backoffice,dc=local): BDB0118
shmat: id 884736: unable to attach to shared system memory region:
Invalid argument

It means:

a) You're using shared memory regions with a BDB backend
b) That slapd is not cleanly shut down on a reboot. It sounds like perhaps you have a broken init system.

I would note that BDB based backends are deprecated. It's advised to use back-mdb instead.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>