Switch OpenLDAP backend database from HDB to MDB

Hello my dears,

I have a question about my approach. I want to migrate the backend database of my OpenLDAP server from HDB to MDB. I would do this as follows:

Backup my LDAP

nice slapcat -n 0 > ${BACKUP_PATH}/config.ldif

nice slapcat -n 1 > ${BACKUP_PATH}/meinedomain.local.ldif

cp -rp /var/lib/ldap /var/lib/ldap.bak

cp -rp /etc/ldap/slapd.d /etc/ldap/slapd.d.bak

Modify entries in these two dates with a text editor from hdb to mdb.
Stop the OpenLDAP service

sudo systemctl stop sldap.service

Delete the directories of the LDAP tree

rm -r /var/lib/ldap /etc/ldap/slapd.d

Rebuild the LDAP database

sudo dpkg-reconfigure slapd

In the options select the database MDB and leave everything else as before. Then restore the LDAP tree.

sudo slapadd -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d -n 0 -l ${BACKUP_PATH}/config.ldif

sudo slapadd -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d -n 1 -l ${BACKUP_PATH}/meinedomain.local.ldif

Restart the OpenLDAP service

sudo systemctl restart slapd.service

That should have been my opinion. Can you think of something else I have to pay attention to?

Greetings from Stefan Harbich