Antw: Re: RE24 testing call (2.4.47) LMDB RE0.9 testing call (0.9.23)

>>> "A. Schulze" <sca@andreasschulze.de> schrieb am 17.12.2018 um 22:19 in
Nachricht <77e04ce8-0362-c873-c751-98bc9ea58c73@andreasschulze.de>:

>> I believe this is simply due to too short a sleep between steps. It happens
> quite
>> often on slower machines.
>
> are there plans to to relax the timings or should I simple ignore that fail?
> "it may happen that 'make its' pass on other computers" don't really satisfy
> me :-)

When waiting for an event (other than passing of time) sleep is always the wrong solution (iven if seemingly industry-standard work-around for all kinds of bugs): It's either too long, wasting time, or too short, failing to fulfill ist purpose.

Regards,
Ulrich