Re: delete a user schema from cn=config

Derek Zhou wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 09:29:10PM +0000, Howard Chu wrote:
>> Derek Zhou wrote:
>>>
>>> Understood. How do I find out what can be changed on the fly, what cannot as of the current git head? Document, pointer to source code all ok.
>>
>> Everything can be modified. Deleting entries is unsupported in 2.4.
>>
> Very cool. Let me clarify one more thing, if a schema is being modified, and if the current data
> is imcompatible with the modified schema, will it reject the modification or accept it, and the
> schema is only enforced for newer data?

It's your responsibility to ensure that no existing data uses the schema you're modifying.
The modification will simply be accepted. If you have data in your database using the old
definition, and it uses a syntax with different normalization rules than the new version,
your database will most likely be corrupted.

--
  -- Howard Chu