slapadd: database doesn't support necessary operations.

Nachricht <F69BE983171EACF5A6B16493@[192.168.1.39]>:
> ‑‑On Wednesday, November 07, 2018 11:05 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl
> <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni‑regensburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I had reported about trouble when upgrading the openldap from SLES11 SP4
>> to that from SLES12 SP3. Besides the version jump, SUSE also removed some
>> modules that had been static in SLES11, so that they need to be loaded
>> dynamically now. Besides that, the bdb version was updated as well, and
>> some other minor things.
>
> The OpenLDAP project has long recommended against using distribution
> provided builds for a variety of reasons.  You've just excellent summarized

> another reason why they should be avoided ‑‑ You have no control over
> whether or not they will change how they build the software and thus
> utterly destroy a working deployment.
>
> What you will have to do:
>
> a) Use slapcat with the older SLES build to export your cn=config database
> b) Update the resulting LDIF so that it works correctly with the new SLES
> build
> c) Import it with the new SLES slapd

I tried to do so, but It did not work:
Without debugging the only message I got was "slapadd: database doesn't
support necessary operations.".

With debugging enabled, the process ends with these messages:
5bea96e0 backend_startup_one: starting "cn=config"
5bea96e0 ldif_read_file: no entry file "/etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif"
5bea96e0 send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
5bea96e0 >>> dnNormalize: <cn=Subschema>
5bea96e0 slapadd startup: initiated.
5bea96e0 backend_startup_one: starting "cn=config"
5bea96e0 config_back_db_open
Backend ACL: access to *
        by * none

5bea96e0 config_back_db_open: line 0: warning: cannot assess the validity of
the ACL scope within backend naming context
slapadd: database doesn't support necessary operations.
----

What is special with the "Backend ACL"? Is this referring to a specific line
of my LDIF? The command I used was "slapadd -v -n0 -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d -S
1 -w -g -dparse,ACL,trace -l /tmp/test-0.ldif"

The basic question is: What is the necessary operation the database does not
support?

Regards,
Ulrich