Re: syncrepl with exattrs

Le ven. 2 nov. 2018 à 13:34, Frank Swasey <Francis.Swasey@uvm.edu> a écrit :
Perhaps it is best if I lead with an example.

Let's say that I have a local objectclass defined (uvmEduPII) and because it really has PII in it, I am being asked not to send that  data anywhere the public could possibly see it.  Therefore, I set up my delta-syncrepl consumer with the following exattrs:

exattrs=@uvmEduPII

That brings over all my entries and drops all the attributes that belong to the uvmEduPII objectClass.  However, all of those entries do still have

objectClass: uvmEduPII

when I print them out, and that violates schema checking because the uvmEduPII objectClass does have a couple MUST attributes and they've been stripped out because of the exattrs.

Specifically what I am asking to do is to remove the objectClass attribute's "uvmEduPII" value in the delta-syncrepl process.  The only benefit of doing that is I can set schemachecking=on instead of schemachecking=off in the syncrepl statement (or olcSyncrepl attribute).  Perhaps, that's just not advisable with a non-complete replication?

 - Frank

What you want then is selective replication of a multivalued attribute. AFAIK, this can't be done in your olcSyncrepl directive, you need to use ACLs on your provider to restrict your replication account's access. If you don't want to check how this interferes with your other ACL rules, it would be something like that:
olcAccess: to dn.subtree=<your branch> attrs=objectClass val.exact=uvmEduPII by dn.exact=<your replication account> none by * break
early enough in the ACL list to be evaluated before any other rule concerning the targeted entries.
Either you define one of these rules for each of your four objectClass values, or you change val.exact=... to val.regex=<regex identifying exactly what you want> (guess there is some performance difference, evaluating regex is usually rather expensive).

I actually tried something like that some time ago, with slurpd replication, and it did not work properly when the multivalued attribute was modified on the provider, I don't know how syncrepl manages it. Also, your restriction concerns a schema attribute, there might be dependencies forbidding this - your excluded objectClasses must be AUXILIARY to start with.

Cheers,

Manuela