RE: Antw: Re: Upgrading from 2.4.26 to 2.4.41: Stricter checks prevent startup?

Good morning Ulrich,

I believe there is a misunderstanding regarding the purpose for multiple
olcServerIDs in the slapd.d configuration. By listing server ids for all of
the masters in your MMR architecture, you can essentially make all of your
master servers' configurations identical. Slapd will apply the serverID that
matches the server's FQDN and ignore the rest.

Domain/IP address resolution should be handled by DNS; not the slapd
configuration. The serverID is only used by the other producer servers for
communication, so set each olcServerID to use the FQDN known by the other
producer/master servers in the MMR architecture.

3 Master MMR Architecture Example:
	olcServerID: 1 ldap://server1.example.com
	olcServerID: 2 ldap://server2.example.com
	olcServerID: 3 ldap://server3.example.com

Jason Trupp
Symas Corporation
(855) LDAP-GUY