Re: granting write privileges to alternate updatedn

Hi Peter,

--On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 2:48 PM +0000 "Heinemann, Peter G" <phei@isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

access to dn.subtree="dc=university,dc=edu"
  by dn.exact="cn=grouper-admin,dc=university,dc=edu" write
  by * break

Why do you have by * break if it is the only acl?  Should just be:

access to dn.subtree="dc=university,dc=edu"
  by dn.exact="cn=grouper-admin,dc=university,dc=edu" write

However, if this is your only ACL, I'm not clear how you're going to be able to authenticate as the user unless you're doing some SASL regexp mapping? Otherwise, anonymous *must* have auth access to the userPassword attribute for simple binds to function.

Also unclear to me how slapacl would result in "read" access vs "none" if that is your only ACL. It sounds like there's more at play here than the snippets you've provided.

Warm regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation