Permissions required to perform OU/DN filtering?

I'm trying to use the following search filter:

(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(!(ou:dn:=external-community))(memberOf=cn=users,ou=mailing,ou=groups,dc=linaro,dc=org))

If I use an admin account, the search works. If I use a restricted
account, the search doesn't work. The restricted account is only
allowed to retrieve a subset of attributes, e.g.:

add: olcAccess
olcAccess: to dn.children="dc=linaro,dc=org"
  filter=(objectClass=organizationalUnit)
  attrs=entry,description,organizationalStatus,mail,jpegPhoto,@organizationalUnit
  by group="cn=binder-group,ou=binders,dc=linaro,dc=org" read

add: olcAccess
olcAccess: to dn.children="dc=linaro,dc=org"
  filter=(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)
  attrs=businessCategory,jpegPhoto,labeledURI,roomNumber,modifyTimestamp,employeeNumber,memberOf
  by group="cn=binder-group,ou=binders,dc=linaro,dc=org" read

(That is only a snippet of our configuration)

What do I need to grant read access to in order to get the search
filter to work with restricted accounts?

Thanks.

Philip