Re: Adding read-only consumers to a Mirror Mode Replication setup?

--On Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:44 PM +0200 Ondřej Kuzník
<ondra@mistotebe.net> wrote:

I can see cn=config is being replicated in that ticket. It makes more
sense that the 'unwilling to perform' issue would be limited to
replicating the config (which can be more picky about its modifications)
rather than regular databases.

cn=config is not being replicated in that ticket.  I simply said in one
follow up that things broke after I made a change to cn=config.  Later, I
clearly stated that was entirely unrelated. ;)

That kind of setup is being used in a significant number of deployments
and by Linus' law we'd have more reports like this one.

I've never seen that setup in any deployment.  I've seen lots of
deployments that say, have 2-way MMR, and 3 replicas that feed of Master #1
and 3 replicas that feed off of Master #2.  But not where any replica feeds
from *both* masters, as is discussed in the ticket.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>