OpenLDAP and Google Cloud Directory Sync

I would like to get OpenLDAP to trigger a GCDS sync whenever either certain attributes are modified or even anything the DB, if it isn't possible to limit it to certain attributes.

I am thinking along the lines of OpenLDAP calling some external program after a modification, but if there is another way to do this that I am missing,  I am all ears. I have looked at the various overlays but none seem relevant.

Has anyone done this or have general suggestions?

Brian