Making contextCSN, entryCSN visible only to sync user?

Hi,

I wonder if it would be harmful to modify our slapd acls so that only
the  user used for syncrepl replication can view the
contextCSN/entryCSN attributes on the master servers. We're
considering this to prevent unintended partial replication (for
example without password fields) in case there is a misconfiguration
and the slave comes as another user/anomymous. Ideally I would block
anonymous access to our database completely but we have to update a
lot of services until this can be achieved. Does this idea make sense
or am I missing something?

Best regards
Karsten