Re: issues with equality matching and slapd death

--On Friday, September 28, 2018 2:10 PM -0700 Christopher Paul <chris.paul@rexconsulting.net> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

Yes that does help. Thank you. So now then based on our understanding
here, do you agree then that the best solution here is to update the
schema and then make sure the data is normalized, via export/import aka
slapcat/slapadd, and subsequent data manipulations (assuming the
feasibility) as needed?

Hi Chris,

As long as it's not an RFC defined schema, then yes, I would suggest modifying it to suit your needs and then exporting/importing the data. However, I would keep this in mind for any applications you're developing if they will be using any RFC defined schema that do not have matching rules defined to ensure they can handle this case correctly.

Warm regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation