slapo-memberof and Replication

Hello,

I need the memberof Attribute on users, and I configured it with the
memberof overlay. Every thing ist working fine. I like to deploy a
second server for redundancy reason., but the manual page of the
overlay says:
" .. Replica servers should be configured with their
own instances of the memberOf overlay if it is desired to maintain
these memberOf attributes on the replicas. Note that slapo-memberOf
is not compatible with syncrepl based replication, and should not be
used in a replicated environment. ..."

That confuses me a little bit.
All replication on openLDAP are based on syncreplication (slurpd is
vanished a long time ago)
So what kind of replication means the manual page (-> "Replica servers")?

Thanks Meike