Re: A couple of questions regarding replication and user mapping

Hi Karsten, I'll leave the questions about replication to the experts, but:

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:29:11PM +0200, Karsten Heymann wrote:
1. I've read in an older debian bug report, that changing
olcAuthRegexp requires a slapd restart in order to be effective. Is
that still the case?

Yes.

I've been working on it and I think the code is working, but still need to test it more thoroughly. Should be included in OpenLDAP 2.5; the changes are a little too invasive for 2.4 at this point.

If yes, could this *please* be added to the manpage and the documentation? Pretty please?

The Debian package was patched to note this in the slapd-config(5) man page. IIRC the man page patch was rejected upstream in favour of just fixing the code.

2. Is ldapwhoami supposed to also print out the result of a
authz-regexp mapping?

I believe it is, yes. (Except "instead" rather than "also", but I think that's what you meant.)

Ryan