Trigger-like function

Hi,

as I described in my previous thread[1], I have a web frontend
tool, where user can modify its own password - here the password
is a set of passwd attributes: userPassword, sambaNTPassword,
sambaLMPassword.

Is there any way that when I give access to users to modify its
own password, and the user wants to modify it through LDAP(S),
instead of out web frontend, the samba passwords also updated
(with correct hash algorithm)?

I've found that the password policy and history should handle
inside of OpenLDAP, only this feature missing.

I've also found slapo-shell and slapo-sock overlays, but as I
interpret those mechanism, they sends the client request to an
external software, so when I want to change the userPassword, the
slapd send this request to the external tool, which sends a
modify request to slapd, which sends the request to external
tool, whcih.... Em I right?

Or should I use some filter to exclude, which requests sending to
external program and which not?

Is there any solution for this request?

Thanks,

a.