multiple syncrepl statements for partial DIT replication

Hi,

I just subscribed to ask this question, I found no answer in the archives - sorry if I haven't looked well enough.

There are three branches in the DIT on the provider and only two of them must be replicated to the consumers. Can this be done by defining two syncrepl statements on the consumers, one for each branch to be replicated and each one having a different rid? I run OpenLDAP 2.4.40 on CentOS 7.

I know this result can be obtained by defining the right ACLs for the replication account on the provider and giving the parent of the three branches in the syncrepl statement, I was wondering if there are other ways of achieving it.

Thank you,

Manuela Mandache