Re: Replication issue? Data is different between master and consumer with same entryCSNs

> On Sep 5, 2018, at 16:49, Dave Steiner <steiner@rutgers.edu> wrote:
>

>   But I occasionally notice discrepancies in the data.... even though the contextCSNs and entryCSNs are the same.  For example (note hostnames have been changed):
>
> $ ldapsearch ... -H ldap://ldapmaster.rutgers.edu uid=XXXX postalAddress createTimestamp modifyTimestamp entryCSN
> postalAddress: Business And Science Bldg$227 Penn Street$Camden, NJ 081021656
>
> $ ldapsearch ... -H ldap://ldapconsumer3.rutgers.edu uid=XXXX postalAddress createTimestamp modifyTimestamp entryCSN
> dn: uid=XXXX,ou=People,dc=rutgers,dc=edu
> postalAddress: BUSINESS AND SCIENCE BLDG$227 PENN STREET$CAMDEN, NJ 081021656

You do realize that as far as LDAP is concerned, those two postalAddress values are identical.  The matching rules for postalAddress are case insensitive.

Assuming that the mixed case one is what you prefer and the upper case one is what you started with - one has to ask, how was it changed on the one server and make certain that it was not done in a way that would not be sent through the syncrepl process.

 - Frank