From: openldap-technical <openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org> On Behalf
Of Ervin Hegedüs
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:36 AM
To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com>
Cc: Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Unique overlay confusing

Hi Quanah,

thanks for your reply,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:17:25AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, August 09, 2018 9:51 AM +0200 Ervin Hegedüs
> <airween@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >>olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?uid?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?mail?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?uidNumber?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?sn?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?cn?sub?

I've removed these directives:

> >>olcUniqueURI: ldaps:///?uid?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldaps:///?mail?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldaps:///?uidNumber?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldaps:///?sn?sub?
> >>olcUniqueURI: ldaps:///?cn?sub?
>
> Using "ldaps://" here is invalid.  These are internal searches that
> don't use the LDAP protocol.

thanks,

> One thing you've not shown in your configurations is whether or not
> the {1}mdb,cn=config DB has a rootdn configured for that database
> instance.  As noted in the man page, a rootdn is required on the
> specific database instance for the overlay to function:
>
> "       The search is performed using the rootdn  of  the  database,  to
> avoid
>       issues with ACLs preventing the overlay from seeing all of the
> relevant
>       data. As such, the database must have a rootdn configured."

you think about this?

slapcat -b cn=config | less

dn: olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcMdbConfig
olcDatabase: {1}mdb
olcDbDirectory: /var/lib/ldap
olcSuffix: dc=hu
olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=hu

> Additionaly, you haven't noted how you are making the modifications to
> add the duplicate entries. Again, as noted in the man page:
>
> "      Replication  and  operations  with  manageDsaIt  control are
> allowed to
>       bypass this enforcement. It is therefore  important  that  all
> servers
>       accepting  writes  have  this  overlay  configured in order to
> maintain
>       uniqueness in a replicated DIT.."
>
> So it is possible the LDAP client you are using to make the
> modifications is setting the manageDsaIT control.

I'm using jXplorer, I didn't found any manageDsaIt settings, so I assume
that it doesn't support, perhaps I can't bypass the enforcement - but may be
I'm wrong.

The unique key constraint still doesn't work.

Thanks again for your help,

a.