Re: Q: Co-existence of OpenLDAP and 389 Directory Server?

You won't necessarily get into trouble.

1. just because schema controls are not as strict does not
automatically mean that clients will enter non-compliant data
2. syncrepl schemachecking=off allows you to do what you want, in any case

Those are the facts. Leading newbies to behave according to how you
think they should behave is not objective.