Re: Keeping a new n-master environment in sync with an old single master env during a migration

--On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 12:13 PM -0600 Chris Cardone <ccardone@squaretrade.com> wrote:

openldap-server-2.4.23p2 - configured with slapd.conf
openldap 2.4.42 - configured with a cn=config database

Both of these openldap versions are quite old and have significant replication related issues. I'd strongly advise using a current release.

So im looking for some guidance / options to keep my new LDAP environment
in sync with my old, without any service disruptions on either set of
systems.

Since you're keeping them isolated from one another, you would need to ensure that writes to any given environment are also sent to the other environment. It's possible you could write a process using the sync replication protocol to "listen" to each environment and replay the writes on the other one.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>