Re: OpenSLP anyone?

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 10:28:23PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
Is anybody here using OpenSLP with OpenLDAP libs to locate LDAP directory servers?

I never used it and I only vaguely remember that Novell eDirectory instances was announced via SLP. But I don't know of any clients supporting that and therefore I wonder whether Linux distros should package libldap with SLP support.

Debian shipped OpenLDAP with the OpenSLP support enabled for a long time, but OpenSLP was retired in 2015 [1] because the 1.2 branch had unfixed CVEs and no one cared enough to package 2.0. OpenSLP was disabled in our OpenLDAP packages at that time and I have not had any inquiries about it since.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=795428