Re: replicating memberOf attribute

On 27/06/18 17:09, Clément OUDOT wrote:

> Le 26/06/2018 à 12:13, Chris a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using a provider and three consumers that are not syncing the
>> memberOf attributes of inetOrgPerson entries.
>>
>> memberof and refint modules are loaded on the provider and
>> inetOrgPersons' memberOf attributes are correctly updated on the provider.
>>
>> How can I troubleshoot this?
> Reading slapo-memberof manpage:
>
>        The memberof overlay may be used with any backend that provides
> full read-write functionality, but it is mainly intended for use with
> local  storage  back‐
>        ends. The maintenance operations it performs are internal to the
> server on which the overlay is configured and are never replicated.
> Replica servers should
>        be configured with their own instances of the memberOf overlay if
> it is desired to maintain these memberOf attributes on the replicas.
> Note  that  slapo-
>        memberOf  is  not compatible with syncrepl based replication, and
> should not be used in a replicated environment. An alternative is to use
> slapo-dynlist to
>        emulate slapo-memberOf behavior.
>

> But I already used this overlay with syncrepl and it seems to work. You
> indeed need to configure the overlay on the consumers too.

Thanks Clément,

On closer inspection, one of the three providers is replicating the
memberOf correctly, so that's good news. Now we'll compare the
configurations and narrow it down.

Thanks for the pasted text and the hints. A big help for us. I'll get
back when we find out what the story is.

Cheers.
Chris.