RE: Meta backend and attributes mapping

> Hello Grégory,
> I don't think this is possible with meta backend and rwm overlay. You can give a try to translucent overlay but the man page says it is designed to work with a local database and a remote database, not several remote database.
> For your needs, my approach would have been to create a new LDAP directory that is synchronized with your remote data. You can use for example LSC (https://lsc-project.org/) to do this.

Hello Clément,

Thank you for your answer,

I tried with translucent (remote-remote) but unsuccessful.

My goal was to present to the ldap client a consolidated view of attributes from several ldap sources on the fly.

I was falling on this old post (http://blog.smile.fr/Les-meta-annuaires-d-entreprise#) that had made me hope for a feature like this (but with a database in this post)

But obviously, it is absolutely necessary to have a local database (translucent) or a new directory synchronized with the other remote directories to do that (but not on the fly).
Pity that we can not combine back_meta and translucent, it would have been perfect for a meta-directory ...

Greg