warning about rootdn privileges

When one's Google Foo fails, turn to an appropriate list.

I would like to get rid of these warnings (rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges). First, it's annoying that our cron always spits back an email. Second, one assumes that where there is a warning, there might be something that should be done differently. I've tried searching, but it seems this warning always comes up in conjunction with some other error that someone is concerned about. This particular warning is always ignored in the discussion of the error of concern as far as I have been able to find.

   5b2472a5 /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 170: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
   5b2472a5 /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 293: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
   5b2472a5 hdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to enable
   5b2472a5 /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 170: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
   5b2472a5 /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 293: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
   5b2472a5 hdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to enable

I don't think I need to include anything about my slapd.conf, because this is more a general question of what causes this warning, and what is the recommended guidance for avoiding it.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
  c/ /'_ --- Biology & Geosciences Departments
 (*) \(*) -- 315 Morrill Science Center

<hoogendyk@bio.umass.edu>

Erdös 4